Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Made for Monday(belated) and Disney Tip Tuesday

This card is cased after another card seen on the Convention display boards. They used designer paper but I am into this whole "make your own designer paper" thing. I used Basic Gray, Baha Breeze, Cameo Coral. The background was stamped with white craft ink and basic gray classic ink. I used pearls for the centers of the butterflies that are from the stamp set called "Great Friend". The sentiment is from a hostess set that had such great sayings and I still love and use it. This card also measures 4.25 x 4.25 which is becoming my new favorite size card. Today's Disney Tips: Since we are finding some last minute money for our trip here are some tips to share that you can really apply to anything to save money for: Connie : My "Dear Hubby" and I each take $50 allowance each week. I started to put whatever was left from the previous week's $50 in an envelope. Knowing that I was going to hide this money away in seven days helped me to be more aware of my spending throughout the week. Between November and April, I was able to stash away $600 cash for the trip we took last month. I've already started a new envelope for future vacations because this was such an easy way to save money. Heather: One thing we do takes some discipline, but we can save some major moolah. When we make a purchase using our debit card or checking account, I round up when I enter it. For example, if I have spent $13.50 somewhere, I enter $15 in my check book. Every couple of months I will figure out how much extra is in the checking account and transfer it to savings. It doesn't even feel like we are saving money! Elaine: We save our change. At the end of every night we empty all the change out of our pockets into our special "Disney" jar. We also toss in any $1 bills. At the end of the month we cash it in and put it into our travel savings account. This past December we pulled out our money from our savings account and had over $400 in there... Have a magical day! Cindy

No comments: