Monday, April 19, 2010

Disney Scrapbook #5 - Whispering Canyon Cafe

This page was so fun to create!  It was pretty late in the evening that scrap weekend - say 1:00am when I started this.  I had my music on and saw a page in a scrapbooking magazine that just said " Hey crazy woman - CASE ME!"  It came together so quickly and I got the look of the old west for this page that I wanted.
I first took the Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa ink pads and ran them over the background Brown paper to give it texture and distess.  The designer paper is from a Disney paper pack and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip.  Next I stamped the Baroque stamp and Baroque Border wheel in Chocolate Chip onto the paper.  I cut Really Rust in the Top Note Die Cut on my Big Shot and added some copper brads.  I used the Cricut to cut out my title.  Then the final piece was the hemp twine for some 3D texture.  I need to finish the journaling in Chocolate Chip marker on the sides of this fun time at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

This restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge is such fun! (they have changed it since then :( BOO!)  They pass out bandanas and make each person a "hat" with straws included. They also have stick horses to ride around the place in a kid "parade" and play some music while other swirl there bandanas in the air.  Allison was not a happy cowgirl when we got there as you can see in the pictures cause she was just getting up from a nap.  When dinner was over, they played with Lincoln Logs near the front.  We got to keep the bandanas too!

Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: