Friday, June 24, 2011

What do you do with the MDS print cover page?

When you get individual pages printed thru Stampin Up Printing Services, your FIRST printed page comes on the print cover of the pack like the one above. In my process of getting 2008 and 2009 individual pages printed, I naturally selected the front page of the pack to be the cover page of my album. See below.  I take all the misc pictures and put them on this front page. 
I hated wasting those cover pages because they are printed in the same quality paper that SU uses for all the printed pages. I also needed to title the outside of my albums by the year. So I quickly came up with a solution!  I cut just the left side off and layered it on a piece of cardstock with a little sponging of the edges.  I used sticky strip to adhere to the album. 
I love how they turned out! Perfecto! Makes those plain album so much better I think!
The colors are the same: Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip with Very Vanilla but they are in a different order and with a different bird or flower for each year. Now to remember to do that when I finish 2010 and 2011 individual pages and get them printed!
Have a MDS day!
Cindy

No comments: