Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Convention Recap Day 3

Thursday began with the 1st General Session. The opening entertainment started with the Convention theme song "Grow Grow Grow".  All the first time attendees were invited to walk across the stage! THAT WAS ME! Very cool! I also got to meet Patty Bennett - LOVE her! She is also a MDS wiz and the nicest person ever!
We got a sneak peak at all the products in the Holiday Mini coming out on September 1st! Monika was surprised to see her picture on page 3!  She was interview some weeks back and her quote made it the catalog. She was thrilled!  I also won Prize Patrol! I got a stamp set, a package of Designer Series Paper and Quick Elements from the Sara Douglas segment of the session.
I attended two classes The Vitual Garden:MDS (Intermediate) and Filling Your Garden.  In the MDS class, I really did not learn much cause I either knew it or made a video on it recently. One of them was my own pleated ribbon technique. So COOL! I also got to meet Holly Linford. She was so sweet to take a picture with me. She is a curriculum developer at Stampin Up and works directly with My Digital Studio. I also got a chance to take HUNDREDS of pictures of the displays. Too many to post here! But here is a sneak of the holiday mini products.
My roomies and I decided to go to the Blue Iguana for margaritas (just one) and great food! It was a great way to kick off Awards Night.  That was great fun to see so many demonstrators receive props for their hard work and devotion to Stampin Up and the love of sharing.  I was in awe!
We did make the Awards Night Reception were I got to meet many more people and see dear friends. The desserts were FABULOUS! The melt in your mouth yummy kind!
Whew! What a day it was! So blessed!
Tomorrow is more fun fun fun!
Cindy

No comments: