Friday, March 9, 2012

MDS Blog Hop Friday - Another Sketch

The super amazing Heather Summers selected this sketch for this week's challenge.  I have found that I love designing scrapbook pages from a sketch! Then with all the GREAT MDS downloads over the past few weeks, this page came together FAST! I mean SUPER FAST!  
I REALLLLLLLY LUV how this page turned out! The page just calls out bright summer fun!
This is a EXTRA SPECIAL sneak peak into a MDS download that you can order NOW if you are a demo or on April 1st if you are a MDS customer. It is called Summer Smooches Kit # 129601. It's a great kit at just $9.95 and includes 12 DSP patterns, 3 embellishments and a 8-piece stamp brush set.

I found these pictures of my first daughter and a much younger looking me from some scans on my computer. I have been making some pages of both my daughters when they were little. Trying to catch up and MDS makes it so easy to do so! The page was easy to "case" the layout and then I just filled my pictures and begin to fill my punches with DSP til I had what I wanted. The arrow part and arm was a little tricky to accomplish. It is made up of a bunch of punches in Island Indigo. Add text boxes, buttons and title  - done!

I really hope we do more sketches for our challenges as they are lots of fun. Hope you too try this week's sketch! If you do, let us know!
Now on to see what everyone on the blog hop created with it. See Erica next!
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy

8 comments:

Holly VanDyne said...

Oh how sweet! She looks JUST like you! :) And I love the Summer Smooches kit too! Love this!

Aly Schilling said...

Love what you did with it!!!!

Amber said...

oh, sooo cute! I love the rounded top to your arrow. What an adorable kit - I must have it!

Heather Summers said...

This turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! You and your daughter look SO much alike! Great page, great photos!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

So pretty. This turned out fantastic

Terri Mongeon said...

Love your page! Great job!

Wendie said...

So bright and cheerful! I love this DSP.

Cindy Schuster said...

Thank to all of you for the comments! You made my week!