Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stampin' UP! Artisan Blog Hop - Spooky "Jar of Haunts" Bat


Welcome BACK to the 2015-2016 Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
I am so blessed that I get to create and inspire with these amazing Stampin' UP products and share with you all here for another wonderful year! Remember that every other Thursday, all 20 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Please keep hoppin' thru them all....you do not want to miss anyone of these amazing ladies!

This week is an "open to create" week but with using the Jar of Haunts Photopolymer Stamp Set. Have you seen it? It has a great blend of spooky and cute images for Halloween!
When I think of Halloween, the first thing I want to make are some type of treat holder. I mean it is all about the candy! I saw a similar bat treat on Pinterest and so knew I could make it with my Stampin' UP supplies. Coming up with was half the fun! First take a 11" x 6" piece of Basic Black cardstock to make the gift bag with the Gift Bag Punch Board. Cut another piece of Basic Black cardstock at 2 1/2" x 3 1/4". Score at 3/4" and 7/8" on horizontal side. Measure 1/4" and down from the 7/8" fold. Mark center with a pencil and cut on your Paper Trimmer to make the diagonal cuts. Add the flap with Tear and Tape Adhesive. I took Whisper White Cardstock and punched out with the Medium Star Punch. Cut two of the tips to create the fangs and adhere into place from under the flap. 
To make the wings, use the Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits Dies. Cut the flaps off the gift card holder (shown in photo above) and cut with a 2" Circle Punch to create the scalloped edge of the wings. The tag on the jar was also made with the Gift Card Envelopes & Trims Thinlits Dies
Here is the back view of the treat bag.
Then I thought, why not a jar of eyeballs and blood? I mean it IS a vampire bat after all! I love the mix of the bright green of the Cucumber Crush and the bloody Real Red for a spooky Halloween feeling.
Thanks for stopping by here and if you leave a comment then thanks for truly making my day!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy

Now on to one of my dearest friends.....Connie Collins! She is one of a kind!

2 comments:

Connie Collins said...

What a cute bat, I mean bag, I mean bat...lol! Adorable.

Cathy Caines said...

So cute and clever Cindy!