Monday, April 24, 2017

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop - A Sara Thing Kit

Welcome to the A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!
A group of talented and creative Stampin' UP! Demonstrators have come together to showcase some alternative projects of the Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kit program! This month was a kit designed with Stampin' UP CEO Sara Douglass!
I highly recommend watching Sara's video on how to put together the kit if you have it! She demonstrates how to watercolor the pieces with the pencils and gives great tips! 
For my first card, I just colored the heart with the Melon Mambo watercolor pencil only and blended the color together with the paint brush. I then cut the envelope open to use the inside liner pattern for a layer on my card. I stamped the greetings on the sticky strip and cut smaller to adhere to the heart shape. I stamped the BEST right on to the embossed heart. I placed all of this on the NEW Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. (by far my favorite new in color ever!)
Here is just one more card...again just using one color - Daffodil Delight watercolor pencil - I colored in the other embossed pattern. I cut it down to 4x4 as well as the Basic Black card base to 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". 

So what did you think about this kit? I am very excited about the direction Stampin' UP is taking to step up the technique side of Paper Pumpkin!  Perfect for that beginner stamper to try watercoloring! 

Want to get a complete "A Sara Thing" Paper Pumpkin Kit for FREE?
BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY: To be entered into a drawing for a FREE "A Sara Thing" Paper Pumpkin Kit, you must leave a comment on EVERY blog. Drawing closes on Saturday, April 29th at 9 PM EST. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 1, 2017. Open to international participates as well which is AWESOME because it is only in US and Canada markets!

Thanks for stopping by!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy
Now move on to the super talented Maria
 by clicking on the next button below! 
OR follow the list....

37 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Really pretty cards and such a cute kit.

Sandy Berghuis said...

Very nice alternative ideas - TFS!

procrastistamper said...

GREAT alternate cards! That Lemon Lime Twist is going to be a very popular color, I think ;-) Thanks for sharing :-D

stampingbowd said...

Both cards are so cute! Great kit!

Unknown said...

I love this kit! I think it's #1 so far! Great cards too!

Kathy said...

I've never tried the PP. Maaaybe I should!

Kampin' Karen said...

Very pretty and yes, Kathy should try PP!

Crafty Little Peach said...

Lovely, thanks so much for the inspiration!

Lynnette H said...

love all the lemon lime twist

Natalie said...

Love the first card! nataliewoll2902@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love the neon colors in this kit! Sometimes you just want to be BOLD!

Sue McNeill
ssmcneill@hotmail.com

Phyllis said...

Now I know what to do with one of the watercolor pieces I didn't especially care for.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Fun alternative cards! Thanks

DebbieG said...

Nice aternative ideas! thanks

Sue McDonald said...

Loving all your lovely ideas

tpcrsf said...

Cute card. Brings more color into the card.

Crystal said...

Love that you turned the envelope liner into dsp--looks really cute!!

Gloria S said...

I latterly just got my kit. I went out to the mail box and it was there. Yoo-Hoo! I'm so excited. I've got this great group of bloggers to show me "something else" to do with my kit. How fun is that?

Vickie said...

Love the new Lemon Lime Twist, especially with the black. Can hardly wait to get my hands on some!!!

Cathie said...

Great colors!

lj1225 said...

Nice cards ... I liked that you used just one color of the colored pencils ... something I hadn't thought of, but it looks great! Thanks for sharing these. ��

stampinfranni said...

Love your ideas! Your cards are very nice. TFS.

nenamh said...

Such a great kid and I really love using the envelope liners as a source more designer paper for the cards that lemon lime Dash paper is just so much fun behind the heart

Denise Kasbohm said...

So pretty. You really make me wish I got this kit. I like how you watercolored one color on the background and used just the purple flower.

Carolynn Sander said...

I love both of these sweet lil cards Cindy! It's true ... Lemon Lime Twist is pretty much the best colour ever! I have to agree! I am so happy to be hopping with you and this fab group of stampers! 💖

Anonymous said...

Great cards, love the bright shiny look of the colors on the black.
Happy Stampin.
Seletta

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the epoxy flowers!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see how clearly the word best came out on the heart. I didn't expect that would work so clearly

Unknown said...

Lemon Lime Twist is my favorite too! Surprised the heck out of me! Love your cards!

Unknown said...

Just love both of your cards.

Anonymous said...

your ideas are really fresh love the color combo
alyse d

Kris K said...

Great cards as always. Can't wait to get my hands on some of that paper!

Gloria S said...

Meant to ask you before, did yo paint the flower onyor card black> In your picture it looks black!

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my! Such awesome cards!!!

Unknown said...

Both cards are very pretty, but the card using the Lemon Lime Twist paper with the Melon Mambo heart is my favorite!

Holly said...

Pretty cards! There are so many possibilities with this kit.

Pam Braithwaite said...

Hi Cindy, I like the second card you made using the Daffodil Delight pencil. So pretty! Thanks for giving us that idea.