Friday, April 13, 2012

MDS Blog Hop Friday - Sketch Challenge

Mandy picked this awesome sketch for our challenge this week. I (heart) it SO MUCH! I even made two pages with it! This is the first one that I did. I started the process by putting the basic layers on the 12x12 page. Then searched for some photos. I am working slowly on both of my daughters' albums. These remind me of how Allison would do that silly smile for pictures at this age. You can see that I tried to mimic the smile with her too. This is also was when she let me for the first time do her hair in piggy tails.
After I put the photos in and added the Downtown Grunge frames, I used the New Heights Kit, First Edition DSP, Get it Done stamp & image, Twitterpated background 2 stamp and Walk in the Park II stamp for the title. The font is called Another Typewriter.  I "match color" the background color to the frames so it is a little softer than Very Vanilla.

This page just makes me laugh and puts a big SMILE on my face.
Hope it does the same for you today!
Check back Monday for the second page that I made with this sketch!
Cindy
I am excited to see what everyone else designed.
Be sure to check them out below!

3 comments:

Holly VanDyne said...

Awwww - your page puts a big smile on MY face too! I absolutely LOVE it! :)

Wendie said...

Just darling! What a fun sketch.

Cori Kozak said...

What a super cute layout! I love it!