Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Holiday Home - Stampin UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! We are working on our October box from Stampin' UP. This box was full of products from the Stampin' UP Holiday Catalog! I am so excited to share fun and seasonal projects to inspire you! Every Thursday of each week for one full year, all 16 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my projects this week... 
I have to say that this little blockbuster of a stamp set called Holiday Home is so fun to play with! You could really make a complete holiday scene on a card with all the details from each current holiday season upon us. I opted with the first project to take it simple. We recently had some friends move into a new home (across the country sadly) and I needed a card to send to them. I love how simple this card is! I stamped with Baked Brown Sugar since it closely matches the Kraft Cardstock color which by the way is what the house framelit is cut out of. I used Cherry Cobbler ink, Baker's Twine and Cardstock. I punched that little heart out of the house and replaced it with a punched Cherry Cobbler heart from the same punch. The Petite Cafe Gift Bags are stenciled with the Hearts Decorative Masks and Versamark with a sponge dauber. That yummy Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen ribbon is in the new Holiday Catalog and I love its stiffness for a flag banner on the bag. To add a little whimsy to the bag, I added a worn out dis-colored old house key. 
THEN the fun ideas started in my head....thinking about holiday gift giving, I came up with this "STEP UP" version of the project. I added the strains of lights, the wreaths and Santa with reindeer to the "scene". My heart melted and I was TOTALLY in love with this stamp set even more! For the coordinating gift bag, I ran the bag thru the Big Shot with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder. I used the Wonderful Wreath stamp set and matching framelits for the Old Olive wreath.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspire you!
Cindy
You saw my friend, Becky Cowley before me and now move on to my friend, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below! Be sure to stop by all 16 of us!

11 comments:

Teneale Williams said...

Oh I adore these cards. I love how you showed the way to use for all year long or Christmas

Vicky Hayes said...

Cindy I just love the way you've shown that Holiday Home is just as effective uncoloured. The Christmas version melted my heart too! Vicky x

~amy~ said...

looks wonderful, fun seeing a 'stepped up' version.

Judi said...

Love them!

Hélène LEGRAND said...

it's nice to see it so easy to customize a card to an event ! I love it !

Melody Hyde said...

I love the house dressed up like a gift. So cute.

Cori Kozak said...

This is adorable! I keep looking at that set wondering if I need it…. I just might…. Btw, when are you bringing over that new house gift?! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card & bag - both! So simple. So stunning.

Tanya said...

I was just playing with the house set and I LOVE how you used it!! The second one is my favorite!

Barbara said...

looks wonderful,Cindy!

Stampin' Dolce said...

1. love that key!
2. totally casing the christmas card!