Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Words of Truth - Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
We are just starting on our July 2015 box from Stampin' UP. 
This box was FULL of more BRAND NEW products 
from the Stampin' UP 2015-2016 Annual Catalog!!!!! I am pretty proud and humble to say that I was asked to pick the contents of this box as well as our weekly themes! (Of course, my teammates helped me with telling me what was on their wish list!) We are going to do a little peak into 5 of the 10 occasion sections from the NEW catalog this month! So you do not want to miss any of the projects this week! We are showcasing the "Kids" section on page 39-48. Remember that every Thursday of each week, all 16 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my 3rd project for July and the Facebook Monthly Artisan Showcase....
I loved the sayings in this stamp set called Words of Truth. They are so fun! Especially the "I love you more than grilled cheese" so I HAD to make something to go with the idea. So I grabbed the NEW Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bag (psst...they are food safe so I added a grilled cheese in there!) and added a Tangerine Tango pattern strip of Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper. My favorite part was the heart. I covered the back of heart with Fast Fuse. Then I did a technique I like to called "miniature string art". I took the Metallic Gold Thread and wrapped it around and around and around the heart. You have to keep it pulled tight and make sure it sticks to the back to keep it in place.  
Then just for some more fun, I made a super simple card using much of the same items. I used more patterns from the Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper, Star Collection Framelits, more Metallic Gold Thread and Brights Sequins on Crumb Cake card base. 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you! 
Cindy
You saw my friend, Becky Cowley before me and now move on to my friend, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below! Be sure to stop by all 16 of us!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

CrushOnColour said...

Oh, I just LOVE both of these! Fabulous as always, Cindy!

~amy~ said...

Love this fun duo!

Mercedes Weber said...

So inspired to use that stamp set now! Love your projects!

Unknown said...

Love these Cindy! The grilled cheese one is so fun :) and the string art heart!! - so cool!

Kerstin Kreis said...

my dear, I really love all your project, they really inspire my!

Allison Okamitsu said...

Stunning as always my friend! Love the gold thread on the heart!!