Thursday, June 23, 2016

Fancy Friday - Flashback to the 80's

 Welcome back to the Fancy Friday Blog Hop!
My fancy friends and I are back with some NEW fancy friends too! We loved working with each other so much that we decided to continue on with an all new blog hop to inspire you in fun new ways! Then a few of us had to take a break so we invited some new FANCY friends to join us and make the blog hop a little longer for your enjoyment! These are a group of past and current Artisans that have become fast friends thru the Artisan journey.
 Each month on the last Friday, we will bring to you new challenges of all kinds (color,sketch, stamp focus, etc)! This month's challenge was "Flashback to the 80's" by using graphic stamp images seen in the new catalog or the new Painter's Pallete Designer Series Paper Stack or just loud and bright 80's inspired! Turned out to be quite a challenge for the team this month! Be sure to check out those who took on the challenge and gave it a go! Praise them with kind comments please! I know I will!
 I like to pull double duty when I create cards plus I was inspired by the graphic design style of the 80's which is very youthful and fun! I need a card for my nephew who is turning 13 just around the corner. I took a pattern paper from the Painter's Palette Designer Series Paper Stack with the black and lots of paint splatters for my background card layer on Emerald Envy base. I used the Marquee Messages Stamp set for the arrow and stars. Then added the Large Numbers Framelits for the number 1 and 3. I added the striped Sweet Sugarplum washi tape across the card to match the same color in the splatters. The Peekaboo Peach adds a touch of more of the same splatter color. 
The inside of the card is just one of the greetings in the Marquee Messages with some of the stars stamp images. I love that the Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape has the same pattern as the paper stack! Another reason I love Stampin' Up so much....coordinating products! I hope my nephew likes the card!

This "13th birthday" and all this "1980's memories" reminds me of a favorite movie of mine. 13 going on 30! with Jennifer Garner. Many 80's references that reminds me of my teenager years in the late 1980's and a cute story. Here is one of my favorite scenes from the movie and I can totally DO that dance to Thriller!

Thanks for stopping by my post for the Fancy Friday blog hop!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy
You saw clever Allison's project before me and now move on to the amazing 
Erica's project by clicking on the next button below! 

5 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Well, you nailed it!! As I was hopping through, my 13 yo told me how much he loves this! Apparently the 80s are still totally rad!!

Marisa Gunn said...

Love it! That Marquee Messages stamp set looks great with the Playful Palette paper.

Jeanna Bohanon said...

How can you not think of the 80's when you look at this paper? This card is SO FUN!!!

Tanya said...

This one captured it! I had a number of paint splattered clothes (bought that way) and this DP definitely feels 80's to me! haha! Also the black with the bold colors... haha!

Stacey said...

When I first saw the card, I immediately thought 13 going on 30. Then scrolled down and smiled. Great card, love it and glad I have that set already...now I need the numbers!