Friday, October 14, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 11

I saw this card on the Stampin Connection in real Stampin Up materials and just loved the layout and the warm fall colors. So for this week's challenge of Gratitude/Thanksgiving (for our Canadian friends), I wanted to reproduce it into a scrapbook page.  My girls and I took our picture together on the same big comfy chair at Disney's Beach Club during our recent family vacation.We did the same picture on the same chair in December last year for our Disney Christmas trip. Starting a tradition here...wish I had started it years ago when they were little.
I used the Day of Gratitude brush stamp set, the Lace Ribbon Border punch, Top Note punch, Baker's Twine and one little Pumpkin Pie button. The short video shows you how I made the stamped center.  I think I sound so weird on videos. But they are fun to do and I am a visual learner like so many and so I hope others can learn from them.

I am SUPER-OVER THE TOP-EXCITED about tomorrow's My Digital Studio Day Retreat hosted by my friend Monika and ME! I will fill you in on the details on Monday!
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy

Now move on to see some fabulous projects from our MDS designers.
ME - HERE!

6 comments:

Heather Summers said...

LOVE this! I love how you took the card and swapped it for a page! Great work Cindy!

Mandy Grant said...

Very pretty, Cindy! Have a blast on your retreat. I can't wait to see what you have to share with us afterwords! Your videos are always awesome but I know what you mean about thinking you sound funny. I hate to listen to mine while I edit them. LOL

Amber said...

I love it - very cute page! And such a fun tradition with your girls :)

Holly VanDyne said...

Ooooh how fun that you converted a card to a page! Nice work! :)

Julie Leblanc said...

Fun card, switch scrapbook page :-)

Susan said...

great page, but thr tutorial's splendid, esp. about the paper filling; there's always another way, right? TFS!