Monday, February 24, 2014

MDS Monday Sketch Challenge #55

This week is my first scrap sketch! WOOT! I was inspired by my Artisan Map Project that you can see here: USA MAP CANVAS
We all travel across these great lands of ours and we definitely do scrapbooking of our trips so why not feature them in a new trendy way! 

My favorite things on this page:
The color combo : Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Coastal Cabana.
THE CHEVRON PUNCH! Nuf said. LOVE!
The arrow from the download Love is All Around.
The wood feather embellishment with stitching and designer thread recolored.
The stitching across the title and the block font in the title.
Love the memory of this great day with friends!
You can give the challenge a try and submit your own page if you click on the MDS Monday button on the right side! Follow the directions on the site to upload your page and link it from your blog or MDS.net. Winners and honorable mentions are announced every two weeks.

 Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you today to get into MDS Mondays and our challenges!
Cindy 

3 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

Cindy, thanks so much for the great layout this week! I love your idea of using the Nifty Fifty. I've had that download for ages and haven't got around to using it. I love your sample page, especially the hexagons in the background and the added feather. Great colors too!

Wendie Waldman said...

I love your sketch, Cindy. And your page is super.

Heidi Baks said...

Such a fun challenge, Cindy! Everyone's pages are coming out so beautiful with this fabulous download.