Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

The first day of 2009 has started out slow for me. I woke up extremely late and could not talk! All that late night playing Rock Band Wii has taken a toll on my voice. We had good friends over last night for pizza and Wii. 6 adults and 6 kids! Great fun! Then our neighbors came over to ring in the new year together like we have done for the past umpteenth years. So this afternoon, I checked Ali Edwards' blog for her new word of the year. Each year, she picks a word of the year to go by. Check it out here: http://aliedwards.typepad.com/ I love her blog and all she creates. It was hard for me to pick just ONE word. Many run thru my head when I think of what lies ahead for 2009. I could pick my word PAUSE. Like pause before I ... speak, eat, spend, judge, yell, and say yes to anything. Then I could pick the word SIMPLIFY. I have a lot of unfinished projects for stamping, scrapbooking and the house. I'd like to finish those before starting anything new. Kind of a goal for me to get done this winter. I'd also like to simplify my house as in getting rid of some stuff and focusing on what's really important. Many other words come to mind but these stay with me the most for 2009. Can you pick a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2009? Let me know if you pick a word and what it means to you. I am going to take Friday off to relax and refresh. Take down Christmas decorations and return my house to normal conditions. I will be back on Monday Jan 5th with new projects to post. Have a few magical days! Cindy

No comments: