Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Earlier this month, I went to my upline Wendy's house for a team meeting. We do a card swap and the theme was Valentine's or something from the catalog. I will be showing other swap cards on a later post. They are all so great! I wanted to do a card that could be transfered into something else. So I made my cards to measure 4 x 6 for them to put it in a frame to display. Would you not frame a special card if you got one? This is what I came up with. It is Valentine's related but could be for everyday as well. I used Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White cardstock. I used the stamp set called A Happy Heart. See the scallop punch? I used my 1/8" punch to do the holes. It is the newest trend in cards. You will also see it with the scallop circle punch too. I used my Cuttlebug texture Swiss Dots plate for the background. Guess what? Stampin Up! is now coming out with texture plates for the Big Shot in the new catalog that just came out!!! I added the Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon to the frame making it come out of the glass portion. That way it was not mushed in there. Brown frame I got at Walmart for $2.00 and it works so well with the card. I love the way it turned out and I hope all the ladies put theirs in a frame to display too. I have been making more cards that are 4 x 6 to send out as well. Have a magical day! Cindy

No comments: