Friday, October 21, 2011

DSP Versatility - MDS Blog Hop Week 12

This week's Blog Hop Challenge by the totally wonderful Aly was to show how versatile our MDS Designer Series Paper can be! In other words, use DSP for something other than what it was intended for.  Examples: Halloween for a Birthday party, Christmas for Valentine's, etc.
 I wanted to show first how I started this page.  I had a layout in mind. Filled in the square punch with the DSP from Jolly Holiday. Added some photo boxes. Then waited for the inspiration to hit me....and waited and waited.
I started playing with adding another color Pacific Point to the already Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.  I added punch line with the square punch and added them to the striped paper to change the look of the DSP.  I added the punch stars and flag filling them with colors.  Added the pennant punch with a colored mats for the banner. Wanted that big "&" in there somehow. That owl was a flower at first but once I found some pictures to add, it got changed. By the way, the owl was totally inspired by Heather Summers. He is so cute just like my nephews!
So I took this Christmas DSP and made a Birthday themed page with it! 
DSP Versatility - Mission Accomplished.
Hope this inspires you to think out of the box with your DSP!
Cindy
Want to see more challenges with DSP!
Start hopping below.
ME - YOU ARE HERE!

5 comments:

Mandy Grant said...

Great layout, Cindy. You added so many touches to make it ROCK. I love that you added pacific point to the striped paper...genius!

Aly Schilling said...

LOVE what you did with it!!!!! I totally love how you added the stripe to the DSP -- BRILLIANT!!!!

Amber said...

I have to agree - I love that you added stripes to the DSP to change it up! Very cute layout!

Rochelle said...

Love the idea of adding a punch line to the DSP to change it up a bit!

Holly VanDyne said...

Ooooh, what a fun and super-cute birthday page!!! Love your pictures too - great job Cindy!