Thursday, October 24, 2013

MDS Blog Hop - Cropping a stamp to a shape


WELCOME TO THE MDS BLOG HOP!
A bunch of us have joined together to share our passion for digital designing with Stampin' UP's My Digital Studio.  These ladies are seriously talented in MDS and I am thrilled to be on this Blog Hop with them! You will find us blog hopping on the 2nd and 4th THURSDAYS of each month! We will have a "theme" selected on the first hop and then a "What we are doing in MDS" on the second hop. 
Today's project was something I was working on over the weekend. I love the new single stamp called Christmas Star. It inspired me to create something like it in MDS. I added a punch star, increased the size and then filled it with Bermuda Bay. Now select a stamp image that is a background or overlay in your global search. Once you have it selected the stamp, click on the Cropping Tool in the Design Center. The editor will come up and you want to select the Crop Shape. Select the star punch again. I re-sized my star to the area of the stamp that I wanted. Click on OK.
You may need to enlarge the star to fit over the punch star. Change the color too.  I showed this at the Digi Crop on Tuesday night and go to this link and see what my friend Christine did with it.
http://www.mydigitalstudio.net/photo/mds-challange-001?context=latest

Just click on the NEXT button and it will take you to the next person on the hop. We hope this inspires you to get into My Digital Studio and start creating! 
Click on the button to move on to see what Cori made!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you to try this technique and if you do, let me know!
 Cindy 

4 comments:

Amber said...

I love that we can do this in MDS! It's how I created the moon for my Halloween party invitation this year.

stampinjul said...

Yep, definitely a cool tool on MDS! I don't think I have this paper--maybe I need it! Very festive!

beth rush said...

really pretty card Cindy. I love the little sparkles and that star is a WOW!

Wendie Waldman said...

Love this card and thanks so much for sharing the "how to".