Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fancy Friday Blog Hop - Fancy Flashback

Welcome to the FANCY FRIDAY BLOG HOP for a
"Tags" Challenge!
My fancy friends and I are BACK! We loved working with each other so much that we decided to continue on with an all new blog hop to inspire you in fun new ways! Each month on the last Friday, we will bring to you new challenges of all kinds (color,sketch, stamp focus, etc) that you can even participate in!  This month we are doing FLASHBACK FRIDAY! We select an old stamp set but use NEW product with it.
This card was created with an old stamp set that is very old and dear to me. It was the very first stamp set that I bought at the first Stampin UP workshop that I attend. It is called Heartfelt Thanks. A friend had invited me to attend with her and I had no clue what Stampin UP was back in 2003. As soon as I saw this stamp set in the catalog, I HAD to have it! The two step stamping of this drew me in immediately. I have stamp many cards over the years with this stamp set. So naturally, when this challenge came up I went directly to it.

As for the "new" Stampin UP products that I use, I went with the Calypso Coral and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities to color in the line art image that I stamped in Memento Black Ink. I did little blending really and did not even stay in the lines. The center of the flowers are Daffodil Delight Blendabilities MED. The DSP stripes are from the Sweet Dreams Designer Series Paper. The Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon was cut in half and some frayed in a bundle under the "thanks" cut piece. 
Well, speaking of flashback....here is my flashback picture! Yep that is me! YIKES! This is my Senior Year photo. Look at that hair! LOL I was blonde as a child until I was 5 years old and I wanted to be blonde again. My high school sweetheart/husband said that it was false advertising when he met me! We all make mistakes, right? ;)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspire you!
Cindy

Now move on to the FABULOUS and FANCY 
Connie Collins by clicking on the next button below! 

7 comments:

Doris said...

This is still one of my favourite retired sets. Your card is absolutely beautiful; great colours! Thanks for the inspiration!

stampinjul said...

I love this set and card, but the senior photo is AWESOME!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful hairdo.. Er, I mean card!!! :) kidding, you're pretty then and now and the card is great! Looks like something tgat could still sell!

Mercedes Weber said...

Oh em gee Cindy!!! I am soooo in love with THAT card & wishing I still had that stamp set so I could case it!

Becky Cowley said...

BWHAHAHAH! CINDY! I freaking LOVE your pic! You look like a movie star from the 80s. . . and I super LOVE your gorgeous card! Now I am wishing I had that set. . . guess I will be stalking ebay!

Connie Collins said...

Gorgeous...and the card is pretty too! :)

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for giving me an updated card I can CASE! Love it and how you made it hip again.