Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fancy Friday Blog Hop - Painted Autumn Inspiration

 
Welcome back to the Fancy Friday Blog Hop!
My fancy friends and I are back!!! We loved working with each other so much that we decided to continue on with an all new blog hop to inspire you in fun new ways! These are a group of past and current Artisans that have become fast friends thru the Artisan journey. Glad to have you here! We have 9 of us this month so don't miss a one!
 
Each month on the last Friday, we will bring to you new challenges of all kinds (color, sketch, stamp focus, etc)! This month we were to take the colors and technique inspired from the Painted Autumn Suite in the Stampin' UP! Holiday Catalog. There are plenty of colors to choose from in this suite that could say Autumn or even Spring. Colors are Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green, Soft Sky, Peekaboo Peach, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso. Technique inspired would be to do watercoloring too!
I must say that you can not pick up this stamp set called Painted Harvest and create nothing but pure WOWSERS with it! No matter what colors you use with it too!
I am loving this color combo of Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso. I was inspired by the Painted Autumn DSP pattern to create this project. 
Here are some tips to create this project:
- I use Crushed Curry for the larger flower image then stamped Cajun Craze of top with the smaller flower image. The depth you can get with this stamp image is AMAZING! 

- I did cut out the stamped (in Early Espresso) center of the flower and added some sponging on the edges before I added it to the center not popped up. 

- I loose cut some small flowers in Crushed Curry to mimic the tiny flowers in the paper pattern. I added a Basic Pearl Jewel to the center. They are also stamped with the flower center in Crushed Curry for a faux sponging look.

- The leaves where stamped and watercolored to bleed the color then cut with the Leaf Punch. Add some Gold Mini Sequins and piece of Burlap Ribbon behind the flower.

- I did stamp in Crumb Cake on the card base with the other leaf in this stamp set.

- I took a piece of the DSP and added it to a Very Vanilla envelope. Do you do that too? I like that it finishes off the card package.

Would love to have you join us in the Fancy Friday Challenge so make a project and let us know in the comments if you did or post on social media somewhere and add the #FANCYFRIDAYBLOGHOP

Thanks for stopping by my post for the Fancy Friday blog hop!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy
Now move on to my bestie across the ocean, Susan Wong
 by clicking on the next button below! 

6 comments:

Cathy Caines said...

ohhhhh Cindy. You killed that flower to pieces. It amaxes me that you even have any creativity left! I read all your tips! Great tip re: beleding... smart.

Connie Collins said...

Cindy, I adore this card. I really love how you tied the envelope and the card together with dsp. The use of the dsp for the leaves is amazing! Hugs!

Georgia said...

I love this card! The way you used the autumn colors is wonderful!
This is one of my very favorite all time DSP paper sets. Thanks for
sharing your creativity. Georgia

Kathy Beemer said...

I love this card. The details make it so much fun just to look at!

Stampin' Dolce said...

so beautiful cindy!

Monika said...

So pretty as always! Miss you!