Friday, August 12, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 2

Sorry I have been MIA but that means I have lots to share as I have been tackling some BIG projects!
This beautiful Timeless Portrait Designer template pages (@ $1.95 can be purchased as a download HERE) really caught my eye when it came out. I recently got to purchase it and was super excited to do a Christmas layout with it. Nope, I was too excited to wait. Instead, our theme for this week's challenge selected by Heather was BIRTHDAY. This was the perfect opportunity for me to finish my daughters' birthday book that I had been working on.  You can see more HERE . They are hybrid pages that I have printed and added buttons, ribbon, etc to make it real.
My favorite thing to do (especially when you have a creative block) is to start with a designer template on MDS and with just a few clicks you have a different page! I found this layout perfect for the pictures I wanted to use. My daughter was wearing a "Wisteria Wonder" colored shirt and some Christmas "Real Red" was in the photos and "Early Espresso" was in the cookie cake.  You can see that I just stayed with the layout and changed some of the colors. Then I took away a few numbers and added a title (Cast Iron Font) with one line journaling (DialogInput Font). Then I added the My Friend florals in Wisteria Wonder in different opacity in the background.  I really like how it turned out.
I printed this 8.5x11 on Premium Photo Paper, trimmed it down to fit my book. I printed one page with just the same flowers and brads, cut them out, and popped them off the page with dimensionals. I added mini pearls to finish off the "hybrid" part of the page. I punched the decorative label in Very Vanilla for the date. I also have two more hybrid birthday pages done and you can stop by Monday and Tuesday to see them!

Thanks for hopping along on our MDS blog hop and continue on to #9 Erica Shaw's blog. You can also check out anyone else on the list!
Have a great day!
Cindy
8. ME

1 comment:

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Very Pretty Cindy. Thanks for the reminder, I usually forget to look at the templates to alter! Lovely!