Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pantry Finale

So you know you just can not have PLAIN white scraps of paper on those corkboard fabric tiles from yesterday's post!  I had to MDS it and add some design flavor to it!
I took the To Do List MDS download # 125775 and sized it down to 4 x 5.5 which gave me room for 4 on a 8.5x11 page.  Then I wanted the "To Do List" part to be replaced with "Items to Restock". To do this, I just added a small square punch to fit over the words and filled it with whisper white.  Then I copied the pasted three times over the other ones on the whole page.  Then I added a text box. Typed my words and changed the font to Nashville 22 to match my labels. Copied and pasted them in place on the other three.
I liked having the date there so that I left that. I also liked the completed boxes to the right. I can take them with me to the grocery store and check them off! Still something was missing. Too plain.
I added the stamp image from the MDS download Charming # 123988. Copied it to each one. Changed it to Basic Gray and opacity to 10% giving it just enough to see.
I printed several on regular paper in two sizes, cut them and have them pinned on my tiles.
Very functional with a flare!
Sorry for the blurry pics. Ipad are NOT quality cameras but they work in a pinch!

Check back tomorrow for MDS BLOG HOP FRIDAY!
Have a great day!
Cindy

No comments: