Friday, November 9, 2012

MDS Blog Hop Friday - Here come the Holidays!

Can you believe that Christmas is 7 weeks away? Yep, nuts huh?! So the theme this week is right on track with all that I am doing to get ready for the big day. So much to do! My MDS list is LONG!
But I do have one BIG thing done and checked off my list. Our Family Christmas Card 2012!
I saw this style card on Pinterest and knew I wanted to give it a shot in MDS. I love the look of it and thought our family picture at the beach would be perfect for it. That red frame around the photo is a fun new feature in MDS2. I added an embellishment from the 12 Days of Christmas called Gradient 3. Then go to Crop in the Design Center(right side) and in the center of the Crop Editor you will see "Crop Shape". Here you can select a punch to crop the embellishment into a shape. I select the Convention 2012 curvy square frame punch and then stretched the shape a little. I recolored the stamp image sentiment from Punny Holidays. Key word here "ZOOM +" to get the details in coloring.
I added the individual photos of us on the back after my friend suggested it. Thanks Lisa! She said it needed a photo on the back and I compromised a bit which worked perfectly. I will get these off to the printer next week so that I have time to get them back and mailed out on Dec 1st! I plan to do some of these in 5x7 size and some in 5 x 3.5 size postcards. I took this same project and converted it to a smaller postcard too. You can do that in MDS2! LOVE that feature!
 
Speaking of features! Be sure to Check your Update on MDS2! They just did the newest update and all 75 features are completely on there!  I just love that retooled Recoloring feature! MUCH easier!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy
 
Check out what my talented MDS Blog Hop friends created this week!
 If someone is missing as you hop, just come back here and move to the next person.

1 comment:

stampinjul said...

I love your card, Cindy! The colors are great and the layout is really nice!