Monday, March 3, 2014

MDS Monday Sketch Challenge #56

Joan brings us a neat card sketch this week and I had fun pulling from it to make it my own. I found this shaped punch in the See Ya Later download. I added a mat to it in Basic Gray. Then I copied and click on paste in place. Once on that item, I removed the mat from it. I added the Designer Series Paper from the Sale-A-Bration Hooray for Parties Digital Ensemble. Now here is where it gets tricky....I cropped the punch so that I just got a line of the DSP instead. Since it was a punch that I added PASTE IN PLACE then it was exactly over the other layer of the punch with the mat so I got that curve perfectly on it.
As for the opacity twist in our challenge, I used it on my background. This is the pattern from the Hooray for Parties download but at 60% which made it go from Basic Gray to Smoky Slate color. I used this alot when the color of something seems too bold on my project. Love the opacity tool! 

You can give the challenge a try and submit your own page if you click on the MDS Monday button on the right side! Follow the directions on the site to upload your page and link it from your blog or MDS.net. Winners and honorable mentions are announced every two weeks.


 Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you today to get into MDS Mondays and our challenges!
Cindy 

No comments: