Thursday, February 26, 2015

Fancy Friday Blog Hop - Fancy Technique

Welcome to the FANCY FRIDAY BLOG HOP for a
"Technique" Challenge!
My fancy friends and I are BACK! We loved working with each other so much that we decided to continue on with an all new blog hop to inspire you in fun new ways! Each month on the last Friday, we will bring to you new challenges of all kinds (color,sketch, stamp focus, etc) that you can even participate in!  This month we are doing FANCY TECHNIQUE FRIDAY! We are showing a technique that suits our fancy and we hope you give it a try!
My technique is probably one that you may have seen before but one I thought I would put my own spin on and bring it back. It is a way to create a watercolor background (or block of area) with your clear blocks. I love the look of watercolor! But sometimes my watercoloring does not always turn out like I want it. Are some of you afraid of watercoloring too? Here is a simple way to do it!
You will need Whisper White cardstock cut to the size you want, two Classic ink pads (Pool Party and Old Olive here), a Stampin' Spritzer filled with water, two clear blocks and a tissue. Guess what? I made my first stamping video ever! I even had my own "Tom the camera guy" to direct it. You can hear Allison give me her director's cue to start. 

I used the Butterfly Basics Stamp set with this card. I have seen such beautiful cards out there with this stamp set so I had to give the set some inky love. Loving this color combo too - Pool Party, Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Gold and Crumb Cake.
I had an extra stamped faux watercolor background from the video, so I grabbed some scraps on my desk (butterfly, gold glimmer paper and paper doily) and the Endless Birthday Wishes Photopolymer Stamp set (stamped in Hello Honey). The background layer is from Lullably Designer Series Paper.  I just love this pattern of this pack with the cute outline hearts in colors. Swoon!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspire you!
Cindy

Now move on to the FABULOUS and FANCY 
Connie Collins by clicking on the next button below! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy!

Absolutely beautiful!!! I love the framed look that you created and the card is stunning.
Even the video was great...you nailed it!

Barbara

Unknown said...

Great technique and wonderful directing. Congrats on your first video! Those colors worked so well together and the watercolor frame was such a neat idea. Thank you for posting it.