Friday, January 22, 2010

Fantastic Friday

Happy Friday Everyone!
I made some organizational gifts for myself at the beginning of the month.  I got these fantastic ideas from Jill on her blog here:  Rolodex  and desk top holder.  I went to my local Walmart and found the rolodex for 9.95 and the holder for 2.95.  I went with my favorite old in-colors Baha Breeze and Kiwi Kiss because they match my office/studio and well I like them. 


On the birthday rolodex, I used the matchbox die cut that has a curly label and cut 12 of them out in Kiwi Kiss.  The Baha Breeze strips of cards are 1.5 x 4 and stamped with the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set and Baha Breeze and Craft White ink .  Then stamped in Baha Breeze ink the months from Full Calendar and punched out with the Modern Label. The flowers are done with the Trio Flower punch and silver brads. The simple knot in Kiwi Kiss is attached with a large glue dot.

The desk top holder was so simple.  I just measured the (stamped like above) Baha Breeze to 1 7/8" x 4 11/16" for the front.  I rounded the corners on the top edge.  The back is 4 5/8" x 4 11/16" and rounded corners on the top edge.  They are both attached by brads thru the mesh.  I added the Kiwi Kiss bow in a simple knot.


I put them both on my desk.  The rolodex reminds me of coming birthdays and the holder holds the cards and envelopes to send out. My goal is to actually "send" cards out this year and not just make them.  This would make a great gift as well for $15.00!  Thanks to Jill for sharing and be sure to check out the rest of her 12 days of Christmas posts and get inspired to create something for yourself too!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: