Friday, September 10, 2010

A Gift - Just for you

I made this card set for my wonderful sister-in-law!  She loves red and said that this card is one of her favorites that I have made.  I saw the idea from Monika's open house.  She received a similiar card set from Sandy Hancock during Convention.  I just loved the idea and how simple it was to make.
To make the cover, you take one 8.5"x11" piece of cardstock and score lengthwise at 2" and then in half at 5.5".  You cut up to the 2" score line and then at a diagonal on each side.  Click picture to see details.  I used Cherry Cobbler and Early Expresso with Very Vanilla.  Stamp set used: Because I Care and Afterthoughts.  Both are hostess sets in the new SU catalog and you can get them when you purchase a $150 order or workshop.  I also used the eyelet border punch on the cover and cards.
The card and envelope are very simple to mass produce.  I made 6 each for the gift set. The center measures 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" and it is popped off the card with dimensionals. This card was cased by Angie Juda.  Super clean and simple.  Love it!
Happy Birthday Reenie, have a glass of wine and enjoy your birthday week!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the dimensions used in creating the card and holder. I love it when I don't have to waste a lot of time trying to figure out dimensions.