Thursday, June 12, 2014

Made for Dad - MDS Blog Hop


WELCOME TO THE MDS BLOG HOP!
A bunch of us have joined together to share our passion for digital designing with Stampin' UP's My Digital Studio.  These ladies are SERIOUSLY talented in MDS and I am thrilled to be on this Blog Hop with them! You will find us blog hopping on the 2nd and 4th THURSDAYS of each month! We will have a "theme" selected on the first hop and then a "What we are doing in MDS" on the second hop. This week we are celebrating Dads or find a quote about Dads to put in your project.
As soon as I saw this quote, I knew I had to use it for this "dad" theme! I used a photo from a few years back because it is my favorite picture of Howard and our girls. The hearts in the background are from the Beautiful Today download. I took them all down to 50% opacity and colored them Smoky Slate, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party and So Saffron. I wanted a softer look but NO pink. My new fav thing to do is to pull papers from different downloads on the same page. Try it! This is great fun to explore all the downloads you have!

I added some splatters in Smoky Slate and recolored Basic Gray Mis-Stitched download. I used my Global Search Tool to search for anything that spark my interest for the page...a heart negative circle; arrow; the xoxo circle; silver sequins from the download called Sara's Sequins and much more.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you!
 Cindy 
Click on the button to move on to see what Cori made!

4 comments:

Julie Leblanc said...

I love this page :)

Wendie Waldman said...

Precious, Cindy. The colors are so soft and let the photo shine through.

beth rush said...

wonderful page Cindy, love your background!

Cori Kozak said...

So sweet! I love the colors! It's so fun to scrap older photos when the kids were smaller. :)