Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Acorny Thank You - Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
We are just finishing on our October 2015 box from Stampin' UP. 
This box was FULL of super fun holiday products 
from the NEW Stampin' UP Holiday Catalog!!!!!  
I am so blessed that I get to create with these amazing products and share with you all here! Remember that every Thursday of each week, all 13 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my second project for this month....
We are using two of my favorite items in the Holiday Catalog! The Acorny Thank you Photopolymer Stamp Set and the Acorn Builder Punch! I have been creating with these two items on all kinds of Fall decor and cards lately. LOVE them!
Plaid is all the rage this year in Fall decor. I saw this plaid pattern of Designer Series Paper in the Happy Hauntings DSP and I was completely smitten! Even better is that the other side of it is large dots! Be still my heart! This color combo of Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla and Kraft just works well for a fresh Fall palette so I used it for this trio of projects with the acorn theme.
So I was chatting with my friend and fellow ADT team member Susan Wong about the Reindeer Clips and I was talking about having a hard time using them on projects. She LOVES them. Well I found a way to love them too! I was playing with them on this card and discovered they look like the outline of fall leaves! You just have to hide the nose part!
I took the same plaid/dot pattern and the Acorn Builder Punch to create several of these fun acorns. Then punch smaller circle for stringing as a banner. To get the notches on the card, punch your 1/2" circle punch just a little less than half way. The black checked washi tape is from the Everyday Chic Washi Tape.
What about a matching treat bag with some of the leftover pieces I had? Just assemble together and staple right to the Mini Muslin bag. Super simple! I just threw in some hot cocoa mix packets and a bag of mini marshmellows. Perfect for those first cold Fall nights! Something I am always thankful for...
Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you!
Cindy
Now move on to my friend from France, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below!  Be sure to stop by all 13 of us! Plenty of good ideas to get your holidays kicked off!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

10 comments:

Amy O said...

I love these projects, Cindy! You are always inspiring, but I must say that I am so inspired to use those reindeer clips now -- that seriously made me gasp out loud (and giggle a little) when I saw this. Clever girl!

Stampin' Dolce said...

STOP IT! the reindeer clips!!!???? and the Halloween DSP!!!!! I love you!

Tanya said...

Oh how fun!! The DP you chose looks so cool with this set!

Ruth said...

Very very beautiful...
Love your pretty cards!
Best regards, Ruth

~amy~ said...

Super projects! I always love how people use clips but have a hard time with them...love what you've done! so fun!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your projects! I also liked the alternate colors added with that DSP- great!

Unknown said...

As always inspired by your projects. Who knew reindeer antlers could be leaves ... Cindy did!

Tammy B said...

These are really awesome projects!

Judi said...

Jolly fun cards ... and I'm a pushover for polka dots!

Allison Okamitsu said...

I love it all! From the reindeer clip, to the colour scheme, to the little acorn banner on your card. Serious talent here my friend!