Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop - Thankful Forest Friends

 Welcome back to the Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
We are just finishing on our October 2015 box from Stampin' UP. 
This box was FULL of super fun holiday products 
from the NEW Stampin' UP Holiday Catalog!!!!!  
I am so blessed that I get to create with these amazing products and share with you all here! Remember that every Thursday of each week, all 13 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my 3rd project this month and the one you can see on Stampin' UP's Facebook Page this month....

This week were are featuring the adorable Forest Friends Stamp Set and the Into the Woods Suite. I went in another direction with the color combo for a softer Fall look and tried Tip Top Taupe, Mossy Meadow, and Whisper White together.

I started with making some simple one layer stamped notecards. I used Tip Top Taupe as my notecard size base. I stamped in Mossy Meadow and Starz-On White with the stamp images. I took my Basic Black Stampin' Marker and outlined some of the animals' features like the nose and eyes.I also used my Project Life Corner punch and some Linen Thread to complete 6 notecards.
Now all I needed was a "package" to hold 6 of my notecards to give as a gift.
Here is how I assembled my package sleeve with the Square Pillow Box Thinlits.
(I confess... I am addicted to using them)


 To wrap the notecards together, I cut the Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bags into a 3.5" strip and secured with Mossy Meadow tape from the In Colors Designer Washi Tape. Don't forget the Whisper White Notecard Envelopes!  (I will use the remaining Whisper White Cards with some DSP and the Envelope Punch Board to make some custom envelopes later on another project.)
 I added two pieces of Linen Thread in between the sleeve piece and the designed top layer. Insert the cards and tie a bow to hold in place.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you!
Cindy
Now move on to my friend from France, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below!  Be sure to stop by all 13 of us! Plenty of good ideas to get your holidays kicked off!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

Teneale Williams said...

Goodness me, what a wonderful idea. I love what you have done with the Square Pillow Box ThinLit die.

Stampin' Dolce said...

great belly band with that die!

Unknown said...

Your post today has pushed me over the edge of resistance! Finally breaking down and ordering this framelit. Such an amazing gift set. Thanks for the inspiration and empty wallet.!

Heather said...

OK, time to finally break this die out - gorgeous collection! Love the look of these colors together!

Hélène LEGRAND said...

So sweet !

Connie Collins said...

OMG...Cindy, this is adorable!