Thursday, October 29, 2015

Fancy Friday - Treats not Tricks!

Welcome to the FANCY FRIDAY BLOG HOP 
for a Treats not Tricks challenge!
My fancy friends and I are BACK! We loved working with each other so much that we decided to continue on with an all new blog hop to inspire you in fun new ways! Each month on the last Friday, we will bring to you new challenges of all kinds (color,sketch, stamp focus, etc) that you can even participate in!  Use #fancyfriday with your challenge project!

This month we are having fun with a some last minute treats that you can make! I went with some simple and quick Halloween treats that you can do. Grab a kraft gift bag, the Howl-o-ween stamp set and the Boo to You Framelits as well as the Spider Web Doilies. Use whatever embellishments you have on hand!
 This is for the wicked witch! I am loving the frayed Rich Razzleberry Cotton Ribbon that looks a little like a broom! I added some punch stars in Black Glimmer Paper on the hat.
This is for the "dead man tells no tales" pirate! I took the cotton ribbon in Real Red and made a headband. I cut off the fleur de lis tips on the doily here for a more masculine look here. I stamped the Gorgeous Grunge in Crumb Cake on the gift bag for some splattered background. That is the Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon! Don't you love it!
 
This was fun to make! I was inspired by my daughter Megan's painted pumpkin this past weekend so I had to make the skull and bones into a Day of the Dead or Día de los Muertos character. I used the Kraft gift bag for the front layer as well. I used Stampin' UP write markers in Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Tangelo Twist and Cucumber Crush. I just did it all by hand while looking at samples of the image.  
Finally, here is my after Halloween project using this stamp set and framelits. A pirate birthday card for a boy! I used a whole Spider Web Doily and the greeting is from a retired stamp set from last year. I made a few of these so I have them on hand.

Thanks for stopping by our Fancy Friday Blog Hop! I hope this inspires you!
Cindy

You saw Cathy Caines before me and now move on to 
Connie Collins by clicking on the next button below! 

3 comments:

Connie Collins said...

These are all cute...but that Day of the Dead skull...TOO CUTE! Hugs!

Kathryn said...

Love the sugar skull! My nephew and his wife did themselves up as Day of the Dead characters last year for Halloween and they looked so cute. This reminds me of them. Nice job on all of them!

Linda said...

Such great ideas and such perfect execution. Love your projects! Thanks for sharing your talents.