Friday, February 4, 2011

Inspired by Mandy

Looks stamped right?  BUT....it is NOT!  It is My Digital Studio printed mixed with real embellishments = Hybrid.  I watched Mandy Grant's incredible tutorial here on mydigitalstudio.net : MANDY'S VIDEO  She gave some great tips about MDS as well.
I did not have the stamp sets she used so I challenged myself to do the same thing with another stamp set.  I used Just Believe images.  I printed the Early Espresso flower image on Crumb Cake cardstock.  Then I printed the sentiment in Early Espresso and the circle in Old Olive on Whisper White. I punched them out using the Wide Oval and Scallop Circle punch.  I added the Early Espresso striped Grosgrain ribbon and popped up the oval with dimensionals.  I did sponge the edges of each piece with Crumb Cake ink.
Then my mind started to take off on how many of these hybrid/MDS/punched cards I could create!  I made some more! I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks Mandy for sharing and for inspiring me!
Have a magical day!
Cindy
Celebrating me today!  Happy Birthday to me!  Spending time with the people that love me!

3 comments:

Gail S. said...

Pretty card, Cindy! Haven't been by for a visit in awhile and I like your new blog look :) Loved the Clown Birthday Invites - too cute!!

Gail S. said...

Oops! Guess it wasn't an invite but a card :) Love it. I don't have an Abigail but I have an Abbey and I have always loved that name. My Abbey is 27 years old!!!

mkc said...

Happy Belated birthday. I have been pretty bad about sending cards. Just know you are thought about often. Stay warm. TTYL

Maureen C.