Thursday, October 7, 2010

Friend to Friend Birthday

When I saw that you could make penguins out of the new Owl Punch, I knew I had found that right card for my friend Kim's birthday. She LOVES penguins! I also remembered that her kitchen was red and she was loving the new color in her new kitchen.  Kim was turning that magical number like I did earlier this year and she so deserved something extra special.
I started this card by cutting the Top note die cut with Real Red cardstock. Then I ran it again in the Big Shot with the swirl embossing folder. The only thing you have to do to make the owl body a penguin is cut off his ears (ouch!), add a Pumpkin Pie small triangle and punch the body the colors of the penguin. I added the heart in Real Red from the owl punch to the word window punched sentiment from Teeny Tiny Words stamp set.
I know that Kim had a great birthday and she really loved her card!
(love ya girlfriend)
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: